Ontario Engineering Experience Record Course & Draft Review
$350 or $149 (course only)
Format: On-demand online step-by-step course
Optional Pairing: 2-hour draft review
- 4 months of access
- 3 full sample experience records
- 7 step-by-step modules
- Situation GeneratorTM tool access
- And much more
“My Experience Record Seems Easy To Write … But I'm Not Clear How To Format It, My Written English Isn't That Great, And This Is A Whole Lot Harder Than It Should Be!”
Dear Aspiring Engineer,
You've graduated with an Engineering undergraduate degree, got a few years of work experience and now you are ready to explain to PEO in writing that you've had the right mix of experience at work.
For many people, it is difficult and unnatural to take your Resume and morph it into an 8 to 10-page Experience Record. Others find the challenge in properly explaining what they've done and why they've done it. Everyone has the ability to submit a great Experience Record the first time and make the reviewer's job easy to say "YES, this is someone who deserves a P.Eng. licence now!"
.... Yet most people don't reach out for help and regret their decision when they are driving to Toronto for an interview with PEO.
The 3 things that may prevent you from obtaining your licence right away are:
- Lack of the Right Experience mix
- Where You Were Educated (in Canada or abroad) and
- Quality of Your Experience Record
Regrettably, PEO does not release sample experience records to show you what it is looking for. Fortunately, we are independent of PEO so we are here to help YOU with this process.
You probably don't find the application process all that fun. We, however, enjoy helping aspiring engineers with their applications as we get satisfaction from showing you what to do and how to do it.
Most people visit this page because:
- They're having trouble starting their Experience Record
- They're having trouble finishing their Experience Record
- They have better things to do than work on it (e.g. full-time job, enjoying your weekends)
Regrettably, PEO does not release sample experience records. Fortunately, we are independent of PEO and we are here to help YOU submit a high-quality Experience Record.
To accommodate the varying needs of aspiring engineers, we're now happy to provide you with 4 offerings to accommodate any need or budget:
- Experience Record Cheat Sheet (free - use the form above)
- Rapid Submission Course & Sample Records ($149) - Step-by-step instructions, checklists, tools and lessons to submit in 30 days or less.
- 2-hour draft Experience Record Review ($275) - Receive actionable feedback on how to make immediate improvements to your draft.
- Bundle Pro Pack (Rapid Submission Course & Sample Records + 2-hour Review) ($350) - Save $74 when you combine the course and a review.
Please see below for more details on each product and service.
Rapid Submission Course & Sample Work Experience Records
Rapid Submission Course & Sample Records (RSCSR) is my complete step-by-step system designed to take you by the hand (as in step 1, step 2, step 3) to start, improve, finish and submit your professional looking Work Experience Record. No ambiguity or confusion. Literally step-by-step nothing is left out.
Following your purchase, you'll have instant access to:
- 7 detailed Step-By-Step Modules show you how to develop, compile and submit your record in 30 days or less
- The top FAQs from aspiring engineers
- Submission Checklist & Tips
- 3 full Sample Experience Records (Mechanical, Industrial and Civil (Structural)).
- Screen capture videos and eLearning content to save you time
- A Compiling Tool to help you generate project situations easily.
You'll receive 120 days of access to the content available 24/7 (it is all digital, so you can log in to access the content wherever you have an internet access), but you'll probably only need access to it for 30 days since that is our goal to help you submit in 1 month instead of 4.
Content is available in video, eLearning modules, printable checklist, and a really useful Situation Generator software.
This course is backed by our 30-day money back guarantee if you're not completely satisfied. Here is what you will learn:
- MODULE #1: Experience Record Checklist and Welcome Video.
- MODULE #2: Interview Quiz: How likely are you to be asked to interview and what can you do about it?
- MODULE #3: Get Educated: 9 Best Practices + 5 Common Mistakes + 15 FAQs
- MODULE #4: Download and Format the PEO Experience Record Template
- MODULE #5: Compile your Experience Record: Use our Compiling Tool to help you write each situation.
- MODULE #6: Request a review of your Experience Record to identify areas of improvement (included in Pro option)
- MODULE #7: Submit to PEO
Who This is for: Anyone who wants one dedicated resource to teach them step-by-step how to write and submit their best Experience Record to PEO.
Based on personal experience, an experience record can take 20-40 hours to properly compile. By following our modules, you can save yourself up to 50% of the compiling time. In addition, attending an interview to defend your engineering experience can cost up to $750 when factoring in lost working hours and travel/accommodation costs to Toronto. By using this course and/or review, you may reduce your chances of getting called into an interview with the PEO or writing technical exams.
Who this course is for: Anyone who wants 1 dedicated resource to teach them step-by-step how to write and submit their best Experience Record. It is for those applying for a Professional (P.Eng.), limited or temporary licence. This course has been designed for both Canadian and Foreign educated aspiring engineers.
Who is behind the Experience Record Course & Review Service?
My name is Gavin and I've created the Experience Record products and services to help aspiring professional engineers answer the questions: What is really required in a good submission? and What does a well formatted well-written submission look like? In this guide, I've answered frequently asked questions as well as show a full sample experience record.
While preparing my own Experience Record some time ago, I was overwhelmed with all of the information and was concerned that I was leaving something out. Working full-time, I also had little time to dedicate to this process and delayed obtaining my P.Eng. by a number of months. I hope that you'll take the opportunity to try the above course or review service so that you can obtain your professional designation as soon as possible.
I worked in the construction industry for over 9 years and have been published in several magazines, including Construction Canada Magazine. In 2012, I volunteered with Engineers Canada and PEO to help it develop a new system for reporting engineering work experience. I now help aspiring engineers full-time by helping them overcome licencing hurdles.