Advanced Structural Design (Civ-B2, Str-A5) - Solutions
Your credible resource for help with your civil exams.
Next Technical Exam Sitting: December 9-13, 2019
Your exam is fast approaching. You might be working a job and have a family that needs your time. The last thing you want to do is spend $1,000 on a course to re-learn this material.
If that sounds like you, our Civ-B2 (Str-A5) help is for you.
About: The Advanced Structural Design exam is written nationally for aspiring civil/structural engineers. The code for this exam is:
- Civil - 16-Civ-B2 (or you may see it like YY-Civ-B2, Civ-B2).
- Structural - 07-Str-A5 (or you may see it like YY-Str-A5, Str-A5).
This exam is a comprehensive test of your knowledge of advanced structural design.
Format: 3-hour long, closed book exam. Out of the seven questions that are asked in the exam, only five needs to be attempted.
Dates written: The exam is offered twice every year in the months of May and December.
- A Casio or Sharp approved model calculator is permitted, however, the type of used calculator must be indicated in the exam workbook.
- Design handbooks and textbooks are permitted.
Arshia Mousavi, Msc, works as civil and structural engineering researcher and assistant at Queen’s University and is currently active in diagnosis, analysis for e.g. punching shear and bonding behavior and retrofitting design of different types of structures such as fibre-reinforced polymer (FRP) and reinforced concrete (RC) structures in ordinary, fire or severe conditions, in developing new testing setups. He has dedicated experience in civil and structural engineering. He has worked both in design and construction firms as well as laboratory.
Based on your education and experience, we've put together a few different options to help you out. If you are feeling confident in the material and believe you are knowledgeable on the exam topics, then a less expensive option may be best for you. For those who need more help and support, the more expensive packages would be recommended.
The recommended textbooks for this exam are:
- Limit States Design in Structural Steel, by Grondin, G. Y. and Kulak, G. L.. Canadian Institute of Steel Construction.
- Reinforced Concrete Design: A Practical Approach, by Brezev, S. and Pao, J.. Prentice-Hall.
- Handbook of Steel Construction. Canadian Institute of Steel Construction.
- Concrete Design Handbook. Canadian Portland Cement Association.
- CAN/CSA-S6-06 Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code. CAN/CSA-S6-06 Code canadien sur le calcul des ponts routiers.
- Design Manual. Canadian Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute.
Or start with my free Civ-B2 solutions sample
|Format:||Solutions & support|
|Skill level:||All levels|
Includes the following: (depending on your package):
- We'll provide solutions to two previous exams
- We'll provide you with email support for your technical exam questions
# Exam solutions
(Date of exam(s) solved)
Email support tickets
Length of access
(Dec & May '18)
Writing more than one technical exam? Following your purchase above, simply email us and we'll send you a discount code for 15% off any other technical exam product/service we offer. Some people have to write multiple exams, so we want to make sure you don't spend a fortune on this licensing step.