Highway Design, Construction, and Maintenance (Civ-A6) - Solutions
Your credible resource for help with your civil exams.
Next Technical Exam Sitting: May 11-15, 2020
Your exam is fast approaching. You might be working a job and have a family that needs your time. The last thing you want to do is spend $1,000 on a course to re-learn this material.
If that sounds like you, our Highway Design, Construction, and Maintenance (Civ-A6) help is for you.
About: The Traffic Engineering exam is written nationally for aspiring civil engineers. The code for this exam is:
- Civil - 16-Civ-A6 (or you may see it like YY-Civ-A6, Civ-A6. It used to be called 98-Civ-B7 but they changed the code
Format: 3-hour long, closed book exam, but you are allowed a two-sided cheat sheet.
Dates written: The exam is offered twice every year in the months of May and December.
- Casio or Sharp approved models of calculators are permitted in the exam. All non-programmable calculators are considered approved models.
- The cheat sheet should be 8.5”x11” (letter sized), handwritten on both sides, with notes and/or formulae.
The recommended textbooks for this exam are:
- Principles of Highway Engineering and Traffic Analysis, Mannering, F. L. and Washburn, S. S. and Kilareski, W. P.. Wiley.
- Traffic Engineering, Roess, R. P. and Prassas, E. S. and McShane, W. R.. Prentice Hall.
- AASHTO Guide for Design of Pavement Structures.4th Edition, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO).
- The Asphalt Handbook. Manual Series # 4 (MS-4), Asphalt Institute. www.asphaltinstitute.org
- Geometric Design Standards for Canadian Roads. Roads and Transportation Association of Canada. www.tac-act.ca
- Pavement Management for Airports, Roads and Parking Lots. Shahin, M.Y.. Springer.
- Handbook of Steel Drainage & Highway Construction Products. Corrugated Steel Pipe Institute. www.cspi.ca
Based on your education and experience, we've put together a few different options to help you out. If you are feeling confident in the material and believe you are knowledgeable on the exam topics, then a less expensive option may be best for you. For those who need more help and support, the more expensive packages would be recommended.
$425, $350, $250
Or start with my free Civ-A6 solutions sample
|Format:||Solutions & support|
|Skill level:||All levels|
Includes the following: (depending on your package):
- We'll provide solutions to two previous exams
- We'll provide you with email support for your technical exam questions
# Exam solutions
(Date of exam(s) solved)
Solutions to every question ever asked?
Email support tickets
Length of access
(Dec '18 & May '18)
(Dec '18, May '18, Dec '17 & May '17)
Writing more than one technical exam? Following your purchase above, simply email us and we'll send you a discount code for 15% off any other technical exam product/service we offer. Some people have to write multiple exams, so we want to make sure you don't spend a fortune on this licensing step.