Hydraulic Engineering (Civ-A5, Str-B11) - Solutions & Course
Your credible resource for help with your civil & structural exams.
Next Technical Exam Sitting: December 7-11, 2020 (predicted)
Your exam is fast approaching. You might be working a job and have a family that needs your time. The last thing you want to do is spend $1,000 on a course to re-learn this material.
If that sounds like you, our Civ-A5 (Str-B11) help is for you.
About: The Hydraulic Engineering exam is written nationally for civil/structural engineers. The code for this exam is:
- Civil - 16-Civ-A5 (or you may see it like 98-Civ-A5, YY-Civ-A5, Civ-A5 or something similar)
- Structural - 07-Str-B11 (or you may see it like YY-Str-B11, Str-B11 or something similar)
Format: 3-hour long, closed book exam. You are required to complete any five of the six exam questions for full marks.
Dates written: The exam is offered twice a year in the months of May and December.
Approved aids: Since the course is highly computational, any non-communicating calculator is permitted.
Saeid is a Ph.D. candidate in the Department of Civil Engineering at Queen's University, where his doctoral research investigates the interaction of hyporheic and surface flows associated with bars in gravel streams. For this purpose, he has built several physical models in a sediment transport flume and has used various instruments such as Nortek VECTRINO II, ADV, and LaserScaner. Also, he has been teaching assistant for many courses such as Hydraulics I, Hydraulics II, and Municipal Hydraulics as well as River Engineering. He holds a master's degree in Hydraulic Structure from AmirKabir University of Technology, Iran.
- Fluid Mechanics with Engineering Applications by Finnermore, E. J. and Franzini, J. B., 10th Edition. McGraw-Hill Science, 2001. ISBN-13: 978-0072432022
- Fundamentals of Hydraulic Engineering Systems by Houghtalen, Robert and Osman Akan, A. and Hwang, Ned H. C.. Prentice Hall, 2009. ISBN-13: 978-0136016380
Based on your education and experience, we've put together a few different options to help you out. If you are feeling confident in the material and believe you are knowledgeable on the exam topics, then a less expensive option may be best for you. For those who need more help and support, the more expensive packages would be recommended.
$599, $350, $250
|Format:||Solutions, support & course|
|Skill level:||All levels|
Includes the following: (depending on your package):
- We'll provide solutions to two previous exams
- We'll provide you with email support for your technical exam questions
- Take our online course for this exam
# Exam solutions
(Date of exam(s) solved)
Blackboard lessons for solving common questions
Checklist & cheatsheet
Email support tickets
Length of access
(Dec '16 & May '16)
(Dec '16, May '16 & Dec '15)
Writing more than one technical exam? Following your purchase above, simply email us and we'll send you a discount code for 15% off any other technical exam product/service we offer. Some people have to write multiple exams, so we want to make sure you don't spend a fortune on this licensing step.