Advanced Strength of Materials (Mec-A7) - Solutions
Your credible resource for help with your mechanical exams.
Next Technical Exam Sitting: December 2-6, 2019
Your exam is fast approaching. You might be working a job and have a family that needs your time. The last thing you want to do is spend $1,000 on a course to re-learn this material.
If that sounds like you, our Advanced Strength of Materials (Mec-A7) help is for you.
About: The Advanced Strength of Materials exam is written nationally for aspiring mechanical engineers and a few other disciplines. The codes for this exam is:
- Mechanical - 16-Mec-A7 (or you may see it like YY-Mec-A7, Mec-A7)
- Marine - 98-Mar-A5
The exam tests candidate’s understanding and knowledge of advanced strength of materials.
Format: 3-hour long, open book exam. From the questions that are asked in the exam, only five need to be attempted.
Dates written: The exam is offered twice every year in the months of May and December.
Approved aids: Since the course is highly computational, any non-communicating calculator is permitted.
The recommended textbooks for this exam are:
- Advanced Strength & Applied Elasticity, Ugural, Ansel, & Saul Fenster, latest edition. Prentice Hall Englewood Cliffs New Jersey.
- Advanced Strength & Applied Stress Analysis, Budynas, R.G., latest edition. McGraw-Hill.
- Advanced Mechanics of Materials, Boresi, A.P., and R.J. Schmidt, latest edition. John Wiley & Sons.
Based on your education and experience, we've put together a few different options to help you out. If you are feeling confident in the material and believe you are knowledgeable on the exam topics, then a less expensive option may be best for you. For those who need more help and support, the more expensive packages would be recommended.
Or start with my free Mec-A7 solutions sample
|Format:||Solutions & support|
|Skill level:||All levels|
Includes the following: (depending on your package):
- We'll provide solutions to two previous exams
- We'll provide you with email support for your technical exam questions
# Exam solutions
(Date of exam(s) solved)
Email support tickets
Length of access
(May '17 & May '16)
Writing more than one technical exam? Following your purchase above, simply email us and we'll send you a discount code for 15% off any other technical exam product/service we offer. Some people have to write multiple exams, so we want to make sure you don't spend a fortune on this licensing step.