NPPE Total Prep Online Course
Your step-by-step learning companion with lots of practice questions & answers
Next National Professional Practical Exam (NPPE): June 5-7, 2017
$399, $174 or $99
Or start with my free NPPE cheat sheet
Format: On-demand online step-by-step course
Skill level: All levels
- 4 to 12 months of access
- Pass Guarantee or 100% refund
- Unlimited attempts of practice questions
- 110 to 200+ practice MCQ with full solutions
- Much more
About the NPPE Course
Using a variety of learning methods, this course will build your foundation of knowledge on ethics, law and professional practice topics.
In fact, the entire 47 syllabus topics are covered under the 7 major categories:
- A. Professionalism (10%) - all 5 sub-topics covered
- B. Ethics (20%) -all 5 sub-topics covered
- C. Professional Practice (27%) - all 8 sub-topics covered
- D. Communication (1%) - all 3 sub-topics covered
- E. Law for Professional Practice (23%) - all 13 sub-topics covered
- F. Professional Law (8%) - all 5 sub-topics covered
- G. Regulation & Discipline Processes (11%) - all 8 sub-topics covered
In the course, you will learn each topic as you move through the 8-steps. Flashcards, a cheat sheet, video presentations, a quiz and a bank of practice questions are available to you to help you learn the content in different ways.
This proven method of teaching produces much higher information retention rates compared to the exam writer who tries to self-study the material.
What are the requirements?
Each student needs an internet connection and a computer. Owning the law and ethics textbooks is also strongly recommended as I refer to them in the course constantly.
What am I going to learn from this course?
You will understand all 47 syllabus topics that relate to your NPPE and be better prepared to pass your exam. Since the exam simulator will mark your practice exam and give you a score and feedback, you'll know right away the topics that you understand and those that you need to focus more time on.
Who should take this course?
This course is for anyone who would like a more efficient way of preparing for their National Professional Practice Exam (NPPE). In order to become a licensed engineer, passing the NPPE is a required step for the following Canadian engineering associations:
- Alberta: APEGA
- Manitoba: EGM (formerly APEGM)
- New Brunswick: APEGNB
- Newfoundland & Labrador: PEGNL
- Northwest Territories & Nunavut: NAPEG
- Ontario: APGO
- PEI: APEPEI
- Yukon: APEY
Regrettably, the above associations don't release sample/old exams for practising (as this would require a lot of extra work to come up with new questions 5 times a year). Luckily, we are independent of these associations and we have developed our own practice questions based on the exam scope and syllabus.
How was the course designed?
Through this course, along with the others on this site, I have helped 1,000s of aspiring engineers overcome their licensing hurdles. This course has been updated and refined over the years to ensure it remains:
- current with the exam scope and your associations testing requirements
- comprehensive by covering all topics on the exam
- simple to follow; just 8-steps in the course laid out on one membership page.
Also, when updating the course, I always reach out to existing and past students to find out what they found challenging about studying for the exam. Here are just a few of the examples that I considered when making the course even more useful:
These 3 challenges and many others have influenced the material, design and learning approach to this course.
- Pass on your first try (and earn well above the 65% required)
- Save time and identify areas where you need more studying
- Avoid re-writing and re-studying
What are you going to receive?
The NPPE - Total Prep Online Course comes complete with:
- Access to our flashcard generator to speed up definition comprehension
- Section on how-to write multiple choice question (MCQ) exams
- Up to 200+ MCQs and solutions with author explanation or textbook page reference
- Video lessons for every 47 syllabus topics
- Continually updated content
- Updated to reflect the computer based 110-question format
- 100% Pass Guarantee - If you don't pass you'll get a full refund.
Attending a weekend seminar for this exam can run from $200 to $600. We've priced our resources at about 55% of that cost to save you money and to allow you the flexibility of studying at your own pace. We're happy to offer you three options for any budget:
Note: Get started right away! Following checkout, you'll get instant access to your course. Even at 2 a.m. in the morning.
Reviews for the NPPE Total Prep Course:
"Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom."
George Washington Carver
Who is behind the NPPE "Total Prep" Online Course?
My name is Gavin and I've created the NPPE Total Prep Course to help aspiring professional engineers and geoscientists answer the questions: Where do I start studying? and Am I ready for this exam? In this comprehensive course, I've laid out a proven study method created to take you step-by-step to your passing grade. I have included all the education, tools and practice you will need to be successful; and nothing you don't need.
By giving exam writers a lot of practice doing mock exams, which aims to mimic the exam format and difficulty, students of this course are able to easily identify and correct any areas of weakness.
Recognizing that about 1/3 of exam writers were not born in Canada and may speak English as a second language, I've intentionally made this course easy to understand and follow.
I worked in the construction industry for 8 years and have been published in several magazines including Construction Canada Magazine. In 2012, I volunteered with Engineers Canada to help it develop a new system for reporting engineering work experience. I am a P.Eng. in Alberta and you can connect with me by joining our Facebook group or through our contact page.