Engineering Materials (Mec-B8) Solutions
Your credible resource for help with your mechanical exams.
Next Technical Exam Sitting: May 6-10, 2019
Your exam is fast approaching. You might be working a job and have a family that needs your time. The last thing you want to do is spend $1,000 on a course to re-learn this material.
If that sounds like you, our Mec-B8 help is for you.
About: The engineering materials exam is written nationally for mechanical/manufacturing engineers. The code for this exam is:
- Mechanical - 16-Mec-B8 (or you may see it like YY-Mec-B8, Mec-B8)
- Manufacturing - 08-Mfg-B5 (or YY-Mfg-B5, Mfg-B5).
The exam tests candidate’s understanding and knowledge of engineering materials.
Format: 3-hour long, open book exam. Out of the questions that are asked in the exam, only five needs to be attempted.
Dates written: The exam is offered twice every year in the months of May and December.
Approved aids: Since the course is highly computational, any non-communicating calculator is permitted.
The recommended textbooks for this exam are:
- Engineering Materials 1: An Introduction to Properties, Applications and Design by Ashby, Michael and D.R.H. Jones. Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Engineering Materials 2: An Introduction to Microstructures, Processing and Design by Ashby, Michael and D.R.H. Jones. Butterworth-Heinemann.
Based on your education and experience, we've put together a few different options to help you out. If you are feeling confident in the material and believe you are knowledgeable on the exam topics, then a less expensive option may be best for you. For those who need more help and support, the more expensive packages would be recommended.
Or start with my free Mec-B8 solutions sample
|Format:||Solutions, support & course|
|Skill level:||All levels|
Includes the following: (depending on your package):
- We'll provide solutions to two previous exams
- We'll provide you with email support for your technical exam questions
# Exam solutions
(Date of exam(s) solved)
Email support tickets
Length of access
(Dec & May '17)
Writing more than one technical exam? Following your purchase above, simply email us and we'll send you a discount code for 20% off any other technical exam product/service we offer. Some people have to write multiple exams, so we want to make sure you don't spend a fortune on this licensing step.